Monday, Oct 7, 10:04am
Here’s what Laurel TV has been working on this past week:
- Racquetball players call it the world’s fastest sport. At Sportfit Laurel, an international tournament for the world’s most skilled racquetball players is taking place. It’s called the Valentine Open. Tracie Valentine, the coordinator of the event, gave Myleah Lofland an inside look to the racquetball world and its fierce competition and passionate community: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQxtPT2WKj0&t=4s
- The City of Laurel has entered a new contract with Baltimore Gas and Electric that will replace all of its BG&E owned street lights with LED lights. Laurel TV reporter Stephanie Johnson learns how this new deal will save the City upwards of $40,000: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Mwj5D0guo
- Laurel TV’s Myleah Lofland went out to the Patuxent Research Refuge Center to learn about the annual contest that the U.S Fishing Wildlife Service hosts each year. The 2020-2021 Federal Duck Stamp Contest will decide the artwork for the year's stamp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GxkhjZykJ0
- An estimated one billion birds die from window strikes every year. That's why students at Montpelier Elementary School have started to paint, tape and sticker their windows. Laurel TV’s Myleah Lofland visited the school to see their work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTTsAigtH7g&t=2s
- Staff, students and members of the community said their final farewell to former Laurel High School Principal Dwayne Jones. Laurel TV reporter Stephanie Johnson explains what made Principal Jones unique: https://youtu.be/0FYnU8m3lPA
Check out the Government meetings at this link: https://www.youtube.com/user/LaurelTVOfficial
Watch some local programs like:
- Council Connections: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws1TN8JaP44
- Around Town with the Laurel Board of Trade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUjZXt_ejGw&t=671s
You can also see our programs on Laurel TV. We air local stories Monday – Friday in the 4:30 – 5:00pm block and then we air our local programs like What the Gov? and Your Future, Your Finances from 10 – 11am!
Stay in the know and enjoy the lovely Fall weather this weekend!